Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It all started with a harmless blog

Somehow and let's say karma lead me to reading a blog and then to starting my own but whatever way it all began, my life changed ? Will I be alone? What's wrong with me that I can't seem to find the right person to share my journey with? All I seem to have was questions and fear for the future!

Road trip # 1: Retreat, retreat and lick your wounds!
Fort Worth, Texas to Key West, Florida in Pinky (1993 Geo Tracker)
I was angry! I had just been dumped at the altar so to speak, well he balked after the dress was bought, the bridal shower at my elementary school, and the wedding invitations had gone out! I thought I would just die from embarrassment then the wild crazy cajun anger took over! First I handed Mike (the dirty rat) a Walmart bag with my wedding dress cut into 3" squares. It was a metaphor dear ones! Second I planned my intended honeymoon for myself, driving through Louisiana stopping in Lafayette and New Orleans (old stompin grounds from college), up the Mississippi Coast to Alabama and Finally to Key West. As the miles added up, I grew in confidence. A few flirtations on the way helped restore some feminine ego but most of my time was about the landscape and the freedom of making my own decisions. I snorkeled above a beautiful reef, sailed and generally soaked up the ocean. A frantic call from my son sent me back to the reality of responsibilities. I eventually married Mike on July 4, the next year. As you might expect, that didn't last and so I moved on.

Road Trip # 2 Rescue Daughter
Girls Road Trip to Texas Coast
Sara , my daughter was an emotional mess, no doubt about it but nothing I did made a change. Different schools, counseling and finally mental hospital stays didn't slow the undoing of my precious baby girl. I was desperate to reach her when I came up with the idea of a road trip. We bleached our hair and made a pinky swear to have fun and off we went. We did have fun, we did get lost (often), she laughed like she use to and I felt alive again. We came to camp out on the north Padre Island national park when my life took another turn.
I woke, looked out the tent to notice a new vehicle parked next to our campsite. Soon I spied a handsome young man with camera equipment taking pictures of the area including some sweet little ground squirrels in front of our tent. That's when I meet Duncan from South Africa and our three week affair began. I felt alive and beautiful again. He imparted much of his spiritual teachings, about karma, about forgiveness, about living a life without regrets. I have so much to thank Duncan for as it was the turning point of my journey. We still communicate although he is back in South Africa and not all fairy tales work out for the damsel in distress as he has moved on..

Road trip #3...First time abroad...Italy
Spring trip with 9 other art teachers to Italy
What can I say but it was miraculous that I had the money, that I got a spot on the roster and that I was in the best frame of mind to visit Italy for the first time. The new digital camera the art department had given me never left my hands as I had gotten the bug bite to photograph from Duncan as well as learning to trust again. Beautiful vistas and making a new and now best friend Mary. She and I were roommates and soon found out we had the same need for adventure and just having fun.

Road trip #4 Singapore
....to be continued...

4 comments:

bindhiya said...

Sweetie,
Nice to see a post from you..
I am not sure what lead me to here.. just thought about checking and find your post.. Yes, Karma!
love you dear.
((hugs))
bindi

Bill said...

That trip sounds great. We just spent a few days in London (my first time there) with a group of twelve, united by our interest in art. In addition to the National Gallery, the two Tates, etc., we got to some lesser known spots, like the Dulwich Picture Gallery. We spent some time with Ross King, whose books ("Brunelleschi's Dome," "Michelangelo and the Pope's Ceiling," "The Judgment of Paris") you may know.

We've already booked for a return trip.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Shara said...

thanks Bindi and Bill for leaving a comment. I've been gone for so long that I feel like I'm writing to myself..lol. Actually that is exactly what I do most of the time. I'm working so hard to learn who I am and make friends with this person who has become me! That's heavy...ha ha...peace friends
bill, I would love to go on that trip!

Unknown said...

Thats very fine and sounds very simple for blog reader to be a part of this community. Thanks for sharing thoughts..

r4i software