Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Season


Got a list of things I wanna do
got some ideas for me to make real
wanna shake up my world and change routine
need to follow this desire for adventure and learning

Some might say it's a sign of mid-life crisis
a woman unhappy with the march of time
anyone could comment that my life is already busy
full...complete...finished cycle

But every soul has it's own rhythm ...a beat unique to itself
no one else owes my skin or feels the weight of my bones or the tension in the muscles
my thoughts travel in circles, in all directions from the past, the now and forward
I am confident that I am not finished building me!

So block by block, I choose to create new rooms in my castle
strengthen the walls that have weathered so many storms and attacks from invaders
I've drained the moat and let down the heavy armoured gate
the walls are festooned with beautiful memories, tables laden with my best fruits and flowers to welcome all

There is music playing in the long corridors
laughter and merriment echoes throughout
Queenie's life is entering another wonderful season
no regrets....learn.....move forward

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I wrote below, but thanks for this one too.

"No regrets, move on." I've gotta get the hang of that! That should probably be my mission in 2009. Speaking of which, Happy New Year dear.

XO

Shara said...

Happy New Future Suze,
If I say it and write it enough I know I can make it so! Regret nothing, learn then move forward!
Bindi and I have a birthday one day apart...jan 18-jan19...I hope to visit her.
Love, Shara